Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fear

My darling husband, like so many others in this position, is scared. How could he not be? Just a few months ago I asked him to take on a project that nobody we personally know has ever done. A life commitment with far-reaching consequences beyond anything we have done before.

It is as if I asked him to save a life by walking a tightrope across an abyss. Yes, the life needs saving, but you want me to do WHAT?! I can't do THAT!!!

No, that is not what I am asking.  I am asking him to sign up with me for a 6-12 month ropes course, at the end of which we can cross that tightrope together. Like so many other graduates of that same ropes course have done successfully.

Hold my hand and we're halfway there.
Take my hand and I'll take you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf