Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Amidah - conclusion

Traditionally, the Amidah is concluded with the following meditation:

My G‑d, guard my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking deceitfully. Let my soul be silent to those who curse me; let my soul be as dust to all. Open my heart to Your Torah, and let my soul eagerly pursue Your commandments. As for all those who plot evil against me, hasten to annul their counsel and frustrate their design. Let them be as chaff before the wind; let the angel of the L-rd thrust them away. That Your beloved ones may be delivered, help with Your right hand and answer me. Do it for the sake of Your Name; do it for the sake of Your right hand; do it for the sake of Your Torah; do it for the sake of Your holiness. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable before You, L-rd, my Strength and my Redeemer.

He who makes peace in His heavens, may He make peace for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen.

Having just beseeched G*d to take care of us, and thanked and praised G*d for everything we are and everything we have, we might be on a bit of a "spiritual high".  That's good, but we don't want that to go to our heads.  We want to temper that high with humility.  Let us be humble, and let G*d take care of the things we might be tempted to be self-righteous about.  Let G*d frustrate the designs of those who plot against us.  We must stay focused on doing right, and peace will follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf