Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Girl Scouts!

My friend invited me to talk to her Girl Scout troop today.  They were awesome!  It was great to share with them how different it is for children with special needs in the U.S. today compared to 50 years ago, or compared to developing countries.  I told them about different ways that they can get involved in making a difference.  They are 12-14 years old, so really able to understand issues and start to take action.  And my friend had just talked to them about looking forward to their High School years with the Girl Scouts, and how they can get medals for projects that they take on, so they were primed!

I love how this is spreading to more communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf