Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Following a story

One of the first children who caught my attention on Reece's Rainbow when I first discovered it last year was a little Russian boy with the profile name "Arnold".  He was approaching his 4th birthday, at which point he would be likely transferred to an older-children's orphanage with poorer care, or even an adult mental institution.  His region only considered families with up to 3 children for placement, so I knew that even if by miracle my family got on board with this idea AND we did all the background paperwork, we would not qualify, but I kept following him as a Mormon family committed to him, finally bringing him home just in the nick of time before Russia stopped adoptions to Americans.

This boy has been home for several months, and I still like to check up on how he is doing, as I follow many stories on my sidebar.  On the spectrum of T21 adoptions, he is remarkably high-functioning, and seems to be adapting beautifully to family life.  And he is a cutie, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf