Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Special needs adoption from a Jewish perspective.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Missed my bloggiversary

It's been just over 1 year since I started this blog.   Besides the tabs at the top of the page, the most visited posts were:

http://matir-asurim.blogspot.com/2012/06/ethics-of-fathers-day-11.html about adoption corruption, through searches about Reece's Rainbow controversies.

http://matir-asurim.blogspot.com/2012/06/untreated-hydrocephalus.html through searches about hydrocephalus

and

http://matir-asurim.blogspot.com/2012/10/31-for-21-different-sn-adoption-story.html about a Chinese woman who takes in disabled children and takes care of them in her village with minimal resources.  Not sure  what the search that lands people there was.

I am really enjoying mixing up advocacy with general Jewish topics.  I love doing the Torah Connection, even when (like this week) I have a hard time figuring out what to say.  I think next year I will do a weekly feature on the Haftorah.

And tomorrow I finally get to present my proposals to the Tikkun Olam Group at my congregation.  Maybe we can actually put some action items for next year!  I would love to get representation at a Buddy Walk, sponsor some disability-related movie nights, and perhaps even a workshop.

What a year it has been!

2 comments:

  1. It's been an amazing year. And you've discovered that you have a powerful and eloquent voice, and a lot of good stuff to say.

    Mazel tov! -- and here's to lots more to come!

    ReplyDelete

Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf